- Press releases
- 2015 2015
- OECD BEPS project faces uphill battle in reducing business scepticism on intergovernmental tax action
- Global private equity report 2014/15
- Mining M&A expected to double as market elements align
- New Grant Thornton firm in Belize
- Businesses in mature markets break investment inertia
- Good CSR makes good business sense
A global survey of 3,300 businesses in 44 economies finds that nearly one-third now issue corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability information, either in their financial reports or in separate reports, and that a clear majority believe the information should be reported
Fifty days on from Narendra Modi taking office as Indian Prime Minister, new figures from Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR) reveal that business leaders in the world’s second largest economy are full of optimism about the future – but are also calling for change.
Driven by rising optimism and new export opportunities in emerging markets, three quarters of food and beverage companies are poised to increase investment in the growth of their companies over the next couple of years.
A survey of more than 200,000 business and engineering students from 12 of the world’s largest economies named Grant Thornton one of the top 50 most attractive global employers, placing 35th.
China has pulled away from its BRIC counterparts in terms of the development of its business growth environment according to the Grant Thornton Global Dynamism Index (GDI) 2013.
• Co-investment opportunities considered key to attracting LPs • New LP relationships will dominate one-in-five new funds • Fundraising sentiment improves among GPs worldwide • Dividend recap volumes set to increase as LPs push for distributions
As the IASB and FASB ready the release of final global revenue recognition changes, a global business survey finds only 38% of respondents believe that existing accounting standards on revenue recognition need to be improved or replaced.
Grant Thornton supports the passing of India's Companies Bill which was passed by the Indian Parliament on 8 August. The Bill will bring greater transparency and protection to investors.
The Greater China Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) has honoured Jon Geldart, Grant Thornton global head of marketing and communications, with a special award for services to the ICAEW in China.
Grant Thornton today announced expansion in Canada, the Eastern Caribbean, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the UK, following on earlier 2013 expansion in Italy, Indonesia, Senegal and South Africa.